Friday, March 16, 2012

Now I really wish I paid more attention to the NCAA tournament this year. Two 15's knock off two 2's

Normally, this is the time of year when I go crazy over the NCAA tournament, but as I said the other day, my Pitt Panthers didn't make it in this year for the first time in a decade, and that has dampened by enthusiasm to the point of not watching at all.

Someone needs to slap me because I missed out on two incredible upsets on the second day of the first round of games.

For starters, number 15 seed Norfolk st. knocked off number 2 seed Missouri, 86-84.

A 15 seed defeating a 2 seed is historic. It happens once in a generation. When you see it unfold, you better remember where you are, because that memory will be frozen in time to be replayed time and time agai...........

Hold on. How about two 15's defeating two number 2 seeds in the same day?

Well, if you've always wanted to see that, today was your lucky day. And the number 2 seed that joined Missouri in the heartbreak hotel wasn't just another number 2 seed. No sir, it was everyone's basketball darlings, the Duke Blue Devils, who fell to Lehigh, 75-70.

That is pretty incredible.

I need to start paying attention the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment