Sunday, March 4, 2012

America's Game: The Super Steelers edition

I was out today and decided to pick up the America's Game Steelers collection. It's a five-disc set covering the Steelers first five Super Bowl championships.

I'm not going to do a review of this right now, but I will say that I've only watched one episode so far, and it was tremendous. I've read some reviews of this on Amazon, and there were complaints about it being a re-hash of stuff that most long-time Steelers fans have known about for years. Well, I've been following the Steelers since 1980, and there were things discussed in interviews with Franco Harris, Andy Russell and Joe Greene that I never heard before. There was also tremendous footage that I hadn't seen.

There's even some awesome network post-game footage of the locker room Lombardi presentation that, for someone my age, was completely new.

One Amazon reviewer did bring up a good point. Why is it so hard to find old network broadcasts of games in their entirety other than the Super Bowls? I'd love to get my hands on a copy of the Steelers 1974 AFC Championship victory over the Raiders, but other than a few snippets on Youtube, I doubt I'll ever see that game or have a chance to buy it on DVD.

Just a minor complaint.

Anyway, I hate to sound like just another Amazon reviewer, but this collection is a must have for all Steelers fans, and you owe it to yourself to go out and buy it now. You won't be sorry!

And, you probably should order it on Amazon or another online broker. It'll probably be way cheaper than what I paid for it at Parkway Center Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment