Friday, November 25, 2011

Pitt blows 10-point lead to West Virginia. Bye bye, BCS bid for third year in a row

Well, I'm not surprised. You Pitt fans out there, are you surprised? If you are, you shouldn't be.

I was feeling pretty good when the Panthers jumped out to a 14-0 lead in the first half. But in the back of my mind, I just kept thinking Pitt's lead was on shaky ground. I had reason to feel that way since they've blown many leads, not only this season, but in seasons past.

This 21-20 loss to the Mountaineers doesn't even hurt. I mean, it does a little, but not so much that I'll cry about it or anything. This is Pitt football. This has been Pitt football for so long, I can't even comprehend anything else.

The Pitt alumni and fans have been longing for the days of Johnny Majors and Dan Marino, but those days are so far in the rear view mirror, they're like a tiny dot, and high octane or not, those days are probably never coming back. Not in the Big East, and probably not in the ACC, either.

Fail to Pitt? No, fail to our expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment