Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stuff I've written for Behind The Steel Curtain

I haven't had time to blog very much lately, but hey, when the holidays roll around, it's tough for a lot of folks to stay in their normal routine.

I kind of wish I could write for a living because I always have one or two ideas floating around in my head--if you're talking to me, chances are, I'm probably thinking about the next blog that I'd like to write--but it's hard sometimes with my 50 hour a week job and very limited Internet access at work. Plus, when you factor in a pretty serious relationship, and all the other day-to-day activities that I must keep up on, it's a wonder I can write as much as I do right now.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal routine here starting tomorrow with my first "real" day off since the 16th. I did not consider Thanksgiving day a normal off day, nope, not with all the running around that I did on Thursday.

I digress.

In addition to the stuff I write on this blog, I have been contributing to the main page of Behind the Steel Curtain since shortly after the Super Bowl. I like to write about a lot of different sports teams and subjects, but the Steelers have always been my main sports crush, and getting to write about them on BTSC (for my money, the best Steelers fan blog on the web) has been a tremendous amount of fun.

Earlier in the summer, I was trying to keep up on posting links to my BTSC articles on this blog, but I stopped doing it for whatever reason, and now I am way behind in that regard.

Fortunately, I'm much more efficient with hyperlinks now than I was back then, and I'd like to demonstrate my new hyperlink prowess by sharing with you some more stuff that I've written for Behind the Steel Curtain:

Man, I had to go back to June to pick up where I left off. Anyway, what's your first real sports memory? Well, mine was watching the Steelers win Super Bowl XIV. Pretty cool.

Remember Neil O'Donnell? He was a pretty decent quarterback during his time here, but he was never really appreciated by Steelers fans, and he is only remembered for those two horrible interceptions in Super Bowl XXX. I think he should be remembered a little more fondly by Steelers fans.

Where were you when the Steelers won the 1995 AFC Championship game by a hair and advanced to Super Bowl XXX? I was sliding across by grandmother's kitchen floor. It was a great day.

Ever think sporting events are pre-determined by corporate big-wigs? Why do you think that? What the hell is the matter with you? Anyway, I make fun of people like you in this article.

Do you believe in fate and karma when it comes to your favorite team? Well, I am feeling a little 2005 deja vu this season, and I think the Steelers are going to win Super Bowl XLVI. I have my reasons. This might very well be my favorite thing that I've ever written in my entire life. I really enjoyed this.

I was really worked up by the "top 100 players" list that came out in the Summer because I didn't think the Steelers were represented well enough. I was so worked up, I wrote about it.

Do you get annoyed when visiting fans make themselves at home in your favorite team's venue? Well, now you know how the home fans feel during EVERY Steelers road game. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty damn awesome. Keep it up!

Man, I didn't realize how many posts I made--maybe it's a good thing I don't write full-time. Anyway, I'll continue this at another time.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment