Saturday, September 17, 2011

I thought Walt Harris/Dave Wannstedt were the coaches who couldn't win the big games: Pitt blows 27-10 lead and loses a heartbreaker in Iowa, 31-27

I'm in between a wedding ceremony and the reception right now, but I'm not so sure how much fun I'm going to have tonight. Instead, I'll probably be thinking about Pitt blowing a 17-point lead to the Iowa Hawkeyes this afternoon.

I actually had a rare opportunity to watch the Panthers play the first half of their game today in Iowa and was rather impressed with what I saw.

I don't know the particulars of how Pitt managed to give up 21 points in the final period because I just don't feel like researching it, but man, when will this ever end for the Pitt Panthers football program?

Somewhere, sometime, this team, this university, has to stand up and make a statement. Granted, today's game wasn't exactly on par with Pitt's recent Big East heartbreakers, but it could have been a chance for Todd Graham to really establish the high octane philosophy on both offense and defense that we've been hearing about since the program hired him in January.

Instead of that, unfortunately, it's just the latest in a long line of devastating losses and raises more questions about the football program.

I hope nobody asks me to do the macarena tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment