Sunday, April 24, 2011

Monday, Monday, gotta get down on Monday

I just realized that this will be the second straight blog post in-which I open with the phrase "you ever have" but that's ok.

You ever have a day that you look forward to that is usually pretty awesome from beginning to end? It doesn't necessarily have to be a weekend day or anything--just a day with a groovy routine that you can't wait to experience even if you know how the entire day will go.

Mondays have become that day for me. I know that sounds pretty strange to a lot of people. I mean, Mondays are usually dreaded by most. "Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays." But in my line of work, Mondays aren't scary. I'm rarely, I mean, very rarely, off on the weekend and Mondays are just another day in the routine for me.

Anywho, at work, Monday is generally the busiest day of the week and goes by pretty fast. I work until 8pm and as soon as I'm done closing up shop, I head immediately to my local bowling alley to partake in my new, favorite passion: Bowling.

Monday night at this particular alley is "Dollar game night" from 8-10. You only pay $3 for shoes and each game that you bowl is a dollar. Bowling has become one of my favorite things to do and I use the Monday night dollar games to both practice for the league I'm in and de-stress. I normally bowl about 5 games and sometimes they don't even charge me for the shoes. Bowling can be a pretty inexpensive hobby if you don't become obsessed and you know when the cheap nights are.

I normally finish up around 9:30 and then head home. I get home just in time to turn on CBS and watch my new favorite show: Hawaii Five-0.

It's the updated version of the original classic that was created by Leonard Freeman and starred Jack Lord and company. It aired on CBS from 1968-1980 and was one of my all-time favorite television programs.

When I heard that they were going to make a new version, naturally, I was skeptical. I mean, how could they improve upon the greatest cop show of all-time? However, I liked it pretty much from the first episode, and soon started watching it every Monday.

Is it as good as the original? Well, the first is always better, but this show is pretty entertaining, with really good acting. Beano Cook--a huge Five-0 fan himself--said the original cast was made up of actors whereas the new group is made up of models. Well, it is true that the new cast of Hawaii Five-O is quite attractive, but that shouldn't detract from their acting ability. Obviously, the new version has a lot to live up to, but the fact that they made it 30 years after the Jack Lord version went off the air helps keep things fresh. Had they tried to remake Five-0 in 1982 with a different cast, that would probably have failed.

So, that's my current Monday routine, and if you can't get a hold of me for some reason, there's a good chance I'm either trying to bowl my 2nd 200 game or watching Mcgarrett, Danno, Chin Ho, and Kono try and catch the bad guy of the week.

Lastly, since this is a sports blog, I wanted to share the most recent stuff I've posted on Behind the Steel Curtain.

What was your most depressing loss as a sports fan? Well mine was the 1992 NLCS.

Ever been accused of a crime you did not commit? Well that's kind of how I felt when some people mistakenly thought I was a Raiders fan..

Remember how gut-wrenching yesterday's Penguins 8-2 home playoff loss was? Well, Heinz Field has had its share of playoff games in-which the Steelers fell behind big and I wrote a little something about that.

Finally, I attended my first arena football game last week and shared some thoughts on it.

Happy Easter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment