Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's a lock. The Steelers are going to the Super Bowl. Why? Cowher picked the Jets

While doing an interview with a New York radio station, former Steelers' head coach Bill Cowher had this to say when asked what he thought of the upcoming AFC Championship Game between the Jets and Steelers:

“I’ll tell you what, Pittsburgh may have some issues this weekend. The way the Jets are playing, I’m telling you this is going to be a game, I think it will be a classic game, and I like the Jets. They made believers out of me with what they did. They match up well, I think it’s going to be a tough ballgame, but they certainly have all the ingredients to go to the Super Bowl.”

This should be good news for any Steeler fan. The last time a Pittsburgh professional sports team was in a conference final, it was the Penguins who were playing the Carolina Hurricanes in the 2009 NHL Eastern Conference Finals.

During that series, Cowher infuriated a lot of folks in his former hometown by coming out in support of the Hurricanes. Cowher has lived in North Carolina for years now and I guess grew to appreciate the Hurricanes because of his friendship with Ron Francis.

Anyway, before game 4, with the Pens up 3-0 in the series and on the brink of clinching a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals, Cowher further annoyed and disappointed many Pittsburghers by cranking some siren that they use to fire the crowd up in the Hurricanes' arena.

It really didn't work. The Penguins finished off the Canes that night and went onto win the Stanley Cup against Detroit in 7 games.

So, Steeler fans, you can rest easy now that you know that Cowher has picked against his former team.

I personally don't care that he picked the Jets. I mean, the only people he owes anything to now are his current employers, CBS sports, and really, in his current role as NFL analyst, he should be objective and if he thinks New York is going to win, fine.

I'm just happy that he picked the Jets because, as I've said before, I'm very superstitious and I think this is a good omen.

Thanks, Chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment