Monday, June 11, 2012

Will the LA Kings Finish Off the New Jersey Devils, or Will We See a Comeback of Epic Proportions?

The New Jersey Devils stayed alive with 2-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings Saturday night in game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals.

It was the second straight win for New Jersey after falling behind, 3-0, in the best of seven series.

I don't know who is going to win this series, but I do know that, either way, a team with a pretty low seed will be hoisting Lord Stanley when all is said and done.

Last month, I wrote about how seeds don't seem to matter much in the NHL postseason, and it's nice to see that this year's finals were the perfect complement to my piece.

The 8th seeded Kings are taking on the 6th seeded Devils, and the Kings were actually favored to win the series before it began.

And unless the Devils can complete a comeback of historic proportions, the Kings will make my piece look even better.

Thank you, NHL!

No comments:

Post a Comment